Delivery and Collection of Children Policy
Download a copy of the policy here: WSK – Delivery and Collection of Children Policy
Due to legal implications there are certain regulations and procedures which must be recognised and followed in the Kindergarten to ensure the maximum safety and protection of your child.
- Morning sessions begin at either 8.30am or 9.00am and finish at either 11.30am, 12.300pm or 12.15pm.
- Afternoon sessions begin at either 12.15pm, 12.45pm or 1.00pm and finish at either 3.00pm or 4.00pm.
- Extended day programs all begin at 8.30am and finish at 4.00pm.
- Times must be strictly adhered to, as this is a DET regulation. The time prior to these sessions is used to ensure the room and the outdoor area is fully prepared for the arrival of the children. Time after the session is spent setting up for the following group.
- The accompanying adult must write the time of the arrival in the attendance record book as they enter and the time of departure as they leave. The Department of Education Training requires an accurate attendance record for each minute of the day.
- It is necessary for the adult accompanying the child to wait with the child until the starting time. Children must be brought inside to the Kindergarten room.
- The teacher or co-educator must be informed if another adult apart from the parents will be picking up the child. Please ensure the person responsible for picking up your child is authorised to do so on your enrolment form.
- If for some reason a different adult is picking up your child, please tell your child.
- We ask that parents always come into the Kindergarten room to leave or collect your child and to ensure that a staff member is aware that you have left or collected your child.
- Some delays are unavoidable, so please contact us if the situation arises. Children can be distressed if they are left behind when all their other friends have gone home.
- We acknowledge that the foyer areas can become congested especially at pick up, so please endeavour to keep all your children in order and move away from the foyer as soon as practicable.
We are sure that you will understand the need for these safety precautions. Please familiarise yourself with WSK’s policy, and if you have any doubts or queries, please see your child’s teacher.