Wilson Street Kindergarten is a not-for-profit, inclusive, community-run kindergarten; where we are focused on providing a stimulating, high quality educational program.
At Wilson Street Kindergarten, we provide an inclusive, open-ended, play-based learning environment. We embrace each child and their family, and recognise individuality. We are a child safe organisation.
- Warm, responsive, relationships underpin our program.
- Building strong, meaningful relationships with children, families and the broader community based on trust, inclusivity and respect are the foundations of our curriculum.
- We recognise the potential of every child and the importance of nurturing this through the provision of a rich program and environment.
- We value evidence that comprehensively demonstrates that children make sense of their world through play and this is how they develop a sense of curiosity, exploration, investigation and understanding.
- We believe that play should be unhurried and open ended.
- Our educators pro-actively plan for individual children to extend learning, skill development and conceptual understandings, through the learning experiences and children’s interests, strengths and needs.
- Our engaging curriculum is developed in collaboration with the children incorporating all areas of learning based on emerging ideas and concepts within each group.
- Active listening and communication by all involved respects the ideas and opinions of every member of the group.
- Respect and celebration of diversity and inclusion of every child, family and educator is promoted as the foundation for creating a cohesive and caring community.
- We are committed to the rights of all children to feel safe and be safe at all times, through building of respectful relationships.
- We are committed to sustainable practices and caring for the physical environment, with an emphasis on natural and sustainable resources.