Wilson Street Kindergarten (WSK) is a not-for-profit, mainstream, inclusive, community-run kindergarten in Bayside, focused on providing a stimulating, high quality educational program. The EYLF (Early Years Learning Framework) and the VEYLDF (Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework) underpin our play based program.
WSK has a commitment to excellence and innovation in early childhood education and offers six kinder groups. In 2013, WSK was assessed under the National Quality Framework. The staff and committee of management are proud to have achieved an overall rating of Exceeding – the highest possible rating. Our play-based program draws from several influences such as Reggio Emilia, Walker Learning and the Forest Schools approach.
High quality early childhood education has many features, but three are critical:
- It is based on a genuine partnership between you and your child’s educator. Both you and the educator must work with each other to support your child’s learning.
- It allows children time to learn through play – to explore and take part in a variety of learning experiences.
- It supports all aspects of your child’s learning and development – identity, community, wellbeing, learning and communication.
See the links below for more information about our educational program:
- We embrace diversity and inclusion for all families.
- We strive to create an inviting indoor space, making use of the natural light and specially designed acoustic panelling.
- We aim to provide a stimulating outdoor play area, which promotes imagination and curiosity.
- We work in partnership with families and value their input.
- We communicate both formally and informally through email, newsletters and reflection nights.
- We have strong links to local schools and the broader community.